Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Friends!!!


Currently I am in the Library listening to music (on my headphones). It has been definetely an interesting week. So, my major has been undeclared since I decided I wanted to attend FUS. The first day of classes it hit me like a ton of bricks what I am supposed to be learning about. I HAVE A MAJOR PEOPLE!!!! I am soooo excited. Oh, you probably want to know what it is huh??!?!! Catechetics...I will be majoring in Catechetics. We will be finding out on Friday if the University will be offering a major in Music. If they do then I may do a possible double major with Music and Catechetics. Most likely I will be here in college mode for up to three years. I am not in a hurry and I want to get a solid education, so that means lots of studing and tutors to help my brain get smarter!! :) So, after dropping three classes and adding two...I have my schedule:

- Intro to Catechetics
- Studies in Poetry
- Foundations of Catholicism
- Fundamentals of Music

I will be working maybe 3-5 hours per week as a shuttle driver on campus. I will be singing with the Schola Cantorum Franciscana Choir. I am holding off on doing the music ministry until next semester, I don't want to do too much at first.

Well I am off the read the catechism. I hope ya'll are enjoying the snow. It has dusted twice, but nothing to write home about!!! I am missing you all so much and can't wait to see you.

Oh yeah and the homilies at Mass here are out of the world!!! The Holy Spirit is around you all the time and there hasn't been a Mass where I haven't cried. I am just not used to feeling how much Jesus really loves me. Oh, please come visit...you won't regret it!!! :)

I promise I will have pictures soon!!!

The peace of Christ be with you all~

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Amy, will keep you in our prayers. We'll miss you in ensemble this weekend. I agree, don't try to do too much too soon. Get into the colleage lifestyle for awhile. See how much homework is involved. Study hard and don't forget to brush your teeth. LOL. Love ya lots

Dan C.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I am so excited for you. You are going to learn so much and be even more amazing than you are now. I am so proud of you!! I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Keep cryin'

7:33 PM  
Blogger kat said...

You sound so excited! Isnt it neat to be led by the Holy Spirit! Don't let those pipes get too rusty, Andrew and I decided we need the LifeTeen Gloria at the wedding!!! Love ya!

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,

Thanks for the link to your blog! Sounds like you are having fun out there. I want to know what the danxce was like? Did the play your favorite dance? Keep us posted, we are all praying for you. B y the way, I am going to Lourdes next week with my mom and dad to see if mom can get a miracle. I will also pray for you there!!!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home